Sunday, April 19, 2009

New paint, new project.

Stumbled upon Testors Pactra Racing Finish lexan body paint today and after asking clerks whether it would work with ABS, decided to give it a shot. Picked up True Blue Pearl that looked like regular metallic paint and boy was I surprised with the finish!











(http://s452.photobucket.com/albums/qq249/skv0124/MiniZ/?action=view¤t=Cobra-Z-V1_1.jpg 1-16)

As you can see, finish is fantastic! Colors play with light and look far beyond even what Kyosho Auto Scale series are.

Hooks were not glued in because I will race this thing and they'll bust in first 10 seconds.

I plan on adding 2 lime green stripes to mimic the original look to my liking. I also plan on spraying enamel clear coat when all is said and done to preserve it as best I can(and hopefully not fk up the paintjob that way).

No comments:

Post a Comment